Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Six Fun Filled Years




Happy Anniversary Dustin! In honor of 6 great years, I wrote a list of 6 random things I love about Dustin.

1- He loves pizza as much a I do, and we both agree no one does it better than Papa John's.

2- He gave our son his good looks (what handsome boys I have!). I know, this isn't really random, it's just stating a fact I can't deny.

3- If I'm feeling stressed or frustrated he squeezes me tight and won't let go until I give him a kiss (or two).

4- We can't go see a movie without getting popcorn- this was always considered and overpriced indulgence when I was growing-up so at first I was taken back by this perpetual need, but I've come to realize a $10 overpriced indulgence is one of those little things in life that add to the experience as a whole; definitely worth the $10 (plus, he always shares :) ).

5- He refers to spiders as "bugs" to not cause me to panic- which I would. ie. Me: "Dustin what are you doing over there?" Dustin: "Oh, there's just a bug over here I'm taking care of." Me: "Oh, great." Had I realized it was actually a spider, the conversation would go much differently and would include some irrational screaming and running on my part.

6- He thinks he's a cowboy. This thought is only exacerbated when he goes with the Mangums to round-up cows. He always comes home with a swagger and a need for a horse and saddle. Why is this on my list? I think it's funny. I can laugh because he doesn't actually dress like a cowboy (it would cease to be funny at that point and crossover onto another kind of list), although he would love to get himself a nice pair of boots. I know as he is reading this, he's thinking that I am the one that is country. After all, I use phrases like "ya'll" and "fixin' to." I blame that on my backwoods college education. One thing about it all, we both love country music (even if we have different opinions as to what is classified as "good" country).



We haven't stopped having fun yet and I can't wait to see what the next six years bring!

6 comments:

Cassie said...

I love your list, it is sooo funny. Congrats to you both :)

Jami said...

What, Backwoods? Come one, we had a lot of fun!

Jess said...

LOL. You're Backwoods education! You kill me!

Amy and Micheal said...

That's a great list and you are so funny, Lisa! You are such a cute couple. Happy Anniversary!

Kym said...

That list is hilarious!!(and cute) Congrats on 6 years! WOW!! And your little Justus just gets cuter all the time.

Lesa said...

I can't believe it has been six years already! It seems like so much longer... maybe that is cause you dated in high school. Happy Anniversary!