Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Our Baby Story



Thursday the 28th we left Justus home asleep with Grandma Liechty and headed to the hospital for the scheduled c-section. We had to be there at 5:30, but surgery wasn't scheduled until 7:30. By 7:53, she out and peeing... yes, I said peeing. As they pull her out the doctor says "Here she is, and she's peeing." Nice, huh? We later realized that is just her, "Oh, I'm out in the open, now would be a good time to go!" I thought that was suppose to be a boy thing, but no, this girl is far worse than Justus ever was. In recovery, they brought her back to me to feed and cuddle. What a doll! Dustin was able to bring Justus back to meet his sister and he thought that was pretty neat. He really loves her- he calls her "my baby" and lets us know every move she makes. This c-section went much better than the one with Justus- I felt so much better during and after. I loved my anesthesiologist- he took such good care of me, not that my one with Justus didn't, this one was just very attentive to any possible need that I could have had. So, thank you Dr! Thank you to all the amazing doctors and nurses that were involved in bringing my healthy beautiful baby girl into our lives!!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I love Justus' big brother shirt, too cute! Funny Shaye was peeing when she came out, Brooklyn did the same thing, so funny! :) Enjoy your sweeties! Glad this c-section went a little better! :)

Jami said...

I am so jealous that you got a little girl! She is beautiful and I love the name.